Notre revue de presse : le mois de janvier 2023.
Changing seasons: Time to boost our immune system
Health tip of the week – Lemons
As we approach the start of autumn and the seasons change, the temperatures begins to fluctuate. This creates an ideal environment for viruses to flourish, which is the reason why we get sick.
It is therefore a good time to get into good habits and boost your immune system by drinking hot water with lemon and honey. Lemons are high in vitamin C, a natural antioxidant which enhances the immune system and has antiviral and antibacterial properties.
However, apart from supporting the immune system and tasting good, lemons have many other purported benefits and uses:
- Prevents bacterial growth and infections,
- Relieves nausea
- Treat throat infections (from the common cold to tonsillitis),
- Loosens chest congestion
- Treats urinary tract infections, as a result of lemon’s diuretic properties
- Lowers the effect on blood sugar levels, when consumed with a meal
- Regular use can relieve joint pain, lemon juice is an anti-inflammatory because of its anti-oxidants.
- Lemons are very flavourful making them a healthy salt substitute
- Apply to heal problematic acne.
- Soothes itching and heals with anesthetic properties.
- Natural mouthwash
- Make dandruff go away. Massage 2 tablespoons of lemon juice into your scalp and rinse out with water.
- Get rid of bad smells in your fridge. Squeeze lemon juice onto cotton balls or paper towels, and clean the inside surfaces of your fridge.
- De-odorize and sanitize cutting boards after use. The lemon juice will kill unwanted bacteria and get rid of strong smells left over from onion and garlic.
- Squeeze over fruit and veg to delay oxidation.
- Crisp Lettuce by mixing lemon with water refrigerate for an hour.
- Room air freshener (cut some lemons in half, place discreetly around the room. A great idea if you have a litter box in the house)
Check it out: http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/lemon-juice-uses.html
Photo credit : Erinphoto10 via shutterstock.com
It seems like lemons are very beneficial for our health. Thank you for sharing this!