As we break into summer, a lot is concentrating our minds at GBN.
Top 10 Digital Trends for 2019!
On 15 January, the 10th edition of CREA Digital Day took place in Geneva. Some 15 speakers shared their ideas and advice about the new era of digitalization. This year, the common theme are the ‘Millennials’, also known as Gen Y.
Here are the 10 main talking points from the conference;
- More than ever, focus is on the environment. According to the UN, we have only 12 years to transform the economic circle and decarbonize the world. Digitalization was highlighted as an opportunity to empower people to achieve energy efficiency.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is inclusive. Humans and robots are complementary in various industries as “the technology doesn’t do it alone” (@Lili Taing). AI and how it will affect future employment is actually a positive opportunity.
- Technology is connecting humans to their creativity. Thanks to technology, we can focus more on thinking instead of producing.
- Mobile is the new advertising model. The traditional advertising model is dead as consumers want to be engaged and not just entertained. The new Motto is “Think Big, Act Bigger” (@Eco Moliterno).
- Relevancy and transparency are essential in digital. More than just entertainment, consumers want to experience hyper-relevancy and tailored products.
- J.O.M.O. (Joy Of Missing Out) is the new F.O.M.O. (Fear Of Missing Out). As consumers are overwhelmed, quality will be preferred over quantity.
- Millenials are a conscious and vocal generation. By being tolerant, purpose-oriented and vocal, Millenials are creating greater awareness about the world’s biggest issues.
- Education is the next challenge. More than educate the new generation about digitalization, there is a need to review the method of education itself.
- Gaming is an opportunity for advertising. With more than US 138 billion spent on games in 2018 and an increase of 13.3 percent from last year, gaming is booming.
- Diversity in tech is raising productivity. According to a survey, the tech sector has one of the lowest rates of gender diversity. High gender diversity brings better returns in corporations compared to those with low gender diversity.
Overall, it is better to see digitalization as an opportunity instead of a threat. What are your thoughts?
For more information, you can find here some videos from the Digital Day.
 According to Newzoo’s Global Games Market Report (www.newzoo.com/insights/articles/global-games-market-reaches-137-9-billion-in-2018-mobile-games-take-half/)
Photo credit: CREA Geneve